Built in an area of 5.2 million m2, the São Paulo Catarina Executive International Airport is located at km 62 of Rodovia Presidente Castello Branco, with easy access to the main business centers of the capital. Furthermore, it is part of the Integrated Urban Development Catarina, also made up of Shopping Catarina Fashion Outlet.
With the inauguration of São Paulo Catarina Executive International Airport, Brazilian business aviation enters a new era. The São Paulo Catarina Executive International Airport brings together the characteristics of the best airports in the world, such as Farnborough, Le Bourget and Teterboro Airport.
The airport’s development also relied on partnerships with important national and international companies, references in the airport and infrastructure sectors in the world, including Airport Consulting Vienna (ACV), responsible for the project and market studies validated by the Spanish consultancy ALG, and the Danish Ramboll, developer of the technical project, among others.
The exclusive focus on business aviation allows the São Paulo Catarina Executive International Airport to offer 200 thousand take-offs and landings per year, including intercontinental executive jets. The runway at São Paulo Catarina Executive International Airport is the largest among executive airports: 2.5km. Now with authorization to operate flights to New York, London or Paris, the airport becomes the first International Airport dedicated exclusively to business aviation in the country with permission to make aircraft landings from other countries and take offs outside Brazil and consolidates as the most attractive and modern gateway for travelers who come to São Paulo on business.
- Specifically designed for Executive Aviation, aims to serve most of the existing executive aircrafts for long-haul international flights;
- Owned Air Traffic Control and operated by instruments;
- Terminal dedicated to Executive Aviation, equipped with complete infrastructure to support passengers and crew, with equipment for the inspection of luggage, people and documents, making boarding and arrivals procedures very safe and fast;
- 2.470 m (8100 ft) long runway;
- Capable of receiving large business jets, such as Bombardier’s Global 7500 and 8000 models, Dassault Falcon Jet’s Falcon 6X and 8X, Embraer’s Legacy 650 and Lineage and Gulfstream’s G650 and non-stop flights to international cities such as New York, London or Paris;
- 14 minutes by helicopter to São Paulo;
- 35 minutes by car from the main Business Districts of São Paulo;
- Differentiated and exclusive services, making the experience of flying to and from São Paulo Catarina Executive Airport unique;
- Designed to be a reference in the segment;
- Modern airport infrastructure design;
- It will occupy an area of approximately 2,000,000 m2 (1,285 acres), with approximately 50,000 m2 (538.000 sqft) of hangars and 50,000 m2 (538.000 sqft) of aprons.
- Maintenance Repair and Operations (MRO) and Hangars for customer service and overnight stay (FBO);
- 24-hour operation without constrained capacity (no slot coordination);